Browse:  #  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 

Margin

Margin Definition

Allows investors to use borrowed funds from a broker to make security purchases. Margin is the amount of equity (stated as a percent) in an investment, or the amount that is not borrowed. For example, if an investor uses 60% margin, this would mean that 60% of the investment is financed with the investors own on capital, and that the remaining 40% was borrowed money.




Submit a Definition



Ask a Question

Learn the famous formula for money-making, based upon the THIRTEEN PROVEN STEPS TO RICHES! Get your FREE Copy & Instant Access to Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill just by signing up.
 
   
Newsletter cover
Browse:  #  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z