Answers » Categories » Taxes

A homeowner's assn owns taxable muni bonds (per Ed Jones).The HOA files Form1120-H which has no AMT.Is interest on these bonds taxable?J

For Form 1120-H, unlike C Corporation Form 1120, the AMT does not apply. The Assn.can choose which form to file every year. Would the muni bond interest received by the Assn. on these bonds therefor be tax free if the Assn files 1120-H since a tax law repealed the the AMT for both small and large corporations filing this form.
Tax rate on 1120-H is flat 30%.

Answer this question

by Anonymous - Already have an account? Login now!
Your Name:  

Your Answer:  
Source(s): (optional)

Enter the text you see in the image below
What do you see?
Can't read the image? View a new one.
Your answer will appear after being approved.

Ask your own question